Who We Are:
We create life-sustaining solutions that alleviate global poverty.
Who We Serve:
We work around the world with all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
What We Do:
We focus on innovative products that improve the lives of the poor and provide better health, education, and employment opportunities. DO’s current flagship project, the LifePump, is helping to solve the global water crisis and bring the many benefits of reliable water to people across Africa. We achieve success for our products by following the methods and principles outlined below.
- We discover needs by working with global partners who work directly with underserved local communities. We focus on developing solutions for needs that are often overlooked.
- During the development of solutions, we provide opportunities for professionals to volunteer their time, talent and access to resources. DO creates a platform for collaboration among experts in engineering, manufacturing, and business that leads to innovative and user oriented solutions.
- We focus on developing total and sustainable solutions and evaluate our solutions’ performance using data driven methods. These methods provide critical feedback to us and our partners.
- We support our solutions by providing project management, engineering and marketing expertise, while helping to establish methods for distribution.
- We utilize market-based approaches to sustainability with the aim of creating self-supporting products.
Why We Serve:
Design Outreach was founded by engineers who wanted to put their faith into action. They felt called to help provide opportunities for Christian professionals to serve God and love others. Design Outreach affirms the Christian faith (see our Statement of Faith) as part of our core identity as an organization and in our day to day work.
We aspire to be the “go-to” provider of innovative solutions for global partners combating poverty.